Today in Sunday School I sat in on Belle's class (note to our family: we are no longer practicing Catholics. We have joined the family friendly Episcopal church in our town). We learned about God's promise of offspring to the aging Abraham and Sarah and their travels to the Promised Land (you can read the rest on your own). Then the kids wrote on their crosses what they would want to see in the Promised Land. Belle touched my heart with Gigi's name and the names of our pets who have died. She hopes to see a world without hunger and war and instead filled with Jesus, kindness, and health. What a teary-eyed and proud mom I was.
Then she turned on me. ATTITUDE, about not liking to go church! Can you believe it? After making that beautiful cross?
We came home and she had an extended time out while I calmed myself by looking at adorable pictures of her throughout the years. All is calm now. We hugged, and all the tears are a distant memory, at least in her mind.
But this evening I am really looking forward to the peace that comes after children's bedtime.
1 comment:
I love the cross. How awesome that she put GiGi on there!
Sorry about the "going to church" attitude..... She must have gotten that from her Godfather.
Post a Comment